Monday, October 25, 2010

I'd like to buy the world a Coke...

It's been awhile since I've posted...mainly because I've reentered the work force and no longer can time my blog entries around the sleeping patterns of an adorable baby. So now I have to type these around the sleeping patterns of myself, a grouchy man bear and an adorable baby.

Which is why I'm just getting around to posting this...

So how about those Chilean miners? Woo hoo!!

I was still on maternity leave when the miners were rescued from the depths below. At first, I was only going to watch a few rescues...as I figured they would get old after awhile. They didn't. I stayed up way too long during my son's 2am feeding, because I wanted to watch more rescues.

Things I learned about the rescues:
1. Nothing is more beautiful then a child smiling ear to ear at their father.
2. If you cheat on your wife and maintain a long relationship with the mistress, they will find out while you're underground.
3. I think it's cool when people find Jesus in the craziest of places.
4. I love that the news channels all had funny tidbits of info on each miner...it made them all surprisingly real to me.
5. The drill that helped rescue the miners, hysterically named "Plan B," was an American drill.
6. NASA is helpful both on and off this here earth.
7. I'm glad my husband isn't a miner.
8. I hope something like that never happens again, but I loved the heartwarming feeling I got watching each man get rescued.

One of the other things I truly enjoyed about these rescues was how they captivated the world. Between each individual rescue, CNN would cut to people watching the live feed in Japan, Spain, England, etc... The whole world was watching and they were all feeling that happy feeling that I had in my living room. Woot!!

I wish we had more world warming stories like that. It reminded me of that scene in Armageddon where the meteor was destroyed, and everybody started celebrating...except this story was real...and Bruce Willis didn't have to die.

I'm sick of the news always being negative, and of politicians attacking other politicians in a desperate attempt to get votes. For a brief period of time...we all forgot about the crap and focused on something great. We need to do that more.

Peace!!

S

-----

Eating: I totally had a school kid lunch today, complete with chips in a baggie and a snack pak.

Listening to/Watching: We're about to watch Dexter. Bless you, DVR.

Annoyed at: The Politicians. Yes...all of them.

Shopping for: Come quickly, end of the month...I need money.

Sidenote of the Day: The start of my second week was much easier than the start of my first week back. That being said...I still miss my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment