Friday, September 24, 2010

Wait? I said I'd never do that...

When I was just a wee lass...and completely judgmental on The Peg's parenting techniques...I made a promise to myself that I would NEVER do things my mother did. Well, I've already broken several of those promises:
Things that The Peg has done that I will STILL never do*:

So to wrap it up...

Yes, the lists are somewhat in jest, but you get my point. It's amazing how similar my parenting behavior is to that of my parents. Moral of the story - there are way more circles than the circle of violence or the circle of abuse. There can also be the Circle of Nurturing or the Circle of Crazy in a Good Way. My Circle of Crazy in a Good Way has given me tons of fun stories, but also prepared me to be a good parent and to raise a good kid. Acknowledge your circle. Break it if it sucks, but walk it if it rocks. I'm walking my circle.

S

------

Eating: The hubby was off work today, so we ate like old people - Tomato Soup with Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches

Watching/Listening to: The dishwasher running and a husband that has said, "He sleeps a lot" about 10 times in the last hour.

Annoyed at: My son, for sleeping most of the day, thus tricking my husband into believing that I have tons of free time on my hands when he's at work.

Shopping for: Free housekeeping

Sidenote of the Day: I had to return my 6-Layer Dip to the grocery store this morning because it had mold on it. (Sidenote on the Sidenote: Seriously? Seriously!) Such a disappointment. Now I have chips and no dip.


* For now

2 comments:

  1. Your baby formula has bugs, your 6-layer dip has mold.... what's going on with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not me...it's everybody around me.

    ReplyDelete