Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Look what I've become...

So when I found out I was pregnant, I contemplated starting up my blog again. Yes, again.

About six years ago, I started a blog on this website (originally called the "Blog of Skog"). The blog was random, and definitely written by a single woman. It was about my social life, my friends, my thoughts and my feelings. The blog, in its entirety, was a lot like me. It was random and quirky. At times it was funny, and at other times it was very serious. Hopefully, the reborn blog, now entitled "Anti Mom Jeans" will still be random and quirky, and will range from funny to serious. But hopefully it will have also evolved much like how I've evolved. I don't want to define how that will be...I will just have to keep you posted.

How have I evolved? Well now I'm a happily married mother of three - two wonderful stepchildren and one new baby boy. I have been at the same job for almost five years, and I absolutely adore my job and my co-workers. I'm older, wiser and hopefully a bit more mature. That being said, I will always be me...no matter what age. Maturity does not mean laughter stops...it just gets a bit more appropriate (at times). Fart noise. What?

So this blog will be different, but it will still be created by me.

Therefore, I want to give a nod back to the Blog of Skog and present you with a list...a list of similarities and differences between the Blog of Skog and Anti Mom Jeans. A list full of ridiculous links, again a nod back to the Blog of Skog:
1. Similarity - Both blogs will continue my love of the random links. What will I be staring at if I click this word? What about this word?
2. Difference - The Blog of Skog discussed where I went to dinner with friends, because that's what we did all the time. Anti Mom Jeans will share recipes and dinner ideas that I've tried at home.
3. Similarity - I will still try to make readers laugh by poking fun at myself and some of my friends.
4. Difference - Anti Mom Jeans will not devote an entire entry into mocking Joey Lore. Oh who am I kidding?
5. Similarity - I will always end each entry with a list of what I'm doing and how I'm feeling.
6. Difference - I won't be sharing pictures of my family on here, as Facebook has now created a perfect venue for sharing those...and I can control the security level much easier than on blogspot.
7. Similarity - it will still be a Blog by Skog
8. Difference - Skog got married

So enjoy Anti Mom Jeans. And remember...if you're wearing mom jeans with or without a seasonal vest, you may not enjoy reading this blog as much as others.

-----------

Eating: I just ate a delicious Turkey Bacon Sandwich with chips and grapes on the side. The meal was very school lunch.

Watching or Listening to: I'm currently watching the Rachel Zoe Project on Bravo. I can't believe I haven't watched this until now. I love people who are caricatures of themselves. I love how she over uses the word "major".

Annoyed at: My Maltese, who is still depressed about the new baby...six weeks after his birth.
Not only does the dog mope around the house, but she doesn't care about her appearance anymore. She looks like the canine version of Courtney Love.

Shopping for: Jeans that will fit perfectly and hopefully shrink with me as I lose this baby weight.
Sidenote of the Day: I hope The Situation gets booted off Dancing With the Stars. He's beyond annoying. I need to develop a new word to describe how annoying he is. The word: majorshankle

No comments:

Post a Comment